Setting it up on a small ledge above my work area.
And working away...
I believe i was here from around 3pm till 11. Doesn't look like i got much done though i am sure this will pick up.
"Finally, Somebody is using this space". There is a surprising amount of foot traffic beneath the floors of S.I.T.
Casting the rock walls.
Preparing plaster cast for a silicone mold. The mold is brushed with a coat of Vaseline before any plaster goes into it preventing it from sticking. I measure out with texture to how much plaster is needed for each mold.
I do this by having one hand in the punnet constently stirring the plaster until i get the right texture.
I then level the excess plaster off with a bit of board.
and wait.... for about 15-20 min until it has set and is no longer warm to the touch.
Cleaning hands, is very important. Wearing gloves could be an improvement. Once the plaster has set i remove it from the mold and chop and break it into the sizes i need to place on my buildings. Using a craft-knife I trim flashy bits off and shape so it appears more natural.
The smaller piece is a segment from the below picture, trimmed, accessories added and undercoated.
The finished mold. Undercoated.
Gotta love me some mesy desk areas. =)
Used some polystyrene pieces to work out how to set up my scene. Already having the fountain and steps made really helped this process.
I printed an A4 picture out of some of the concepts that i have done fro the houses and place these onto the polystyrene.
Though slightly different in design the basis for my model can still be seen in the original drawing.
The first couple of walls done for my alleyway set. Windows will be looked at later on.
I used a pen to "scribe" a wooden pattern into the door of this house. The rock wall fits nicely under the window. Matchsticks have been used for the majority of windows ledges as well as Tudor designs which feature on some of the houses. This is directly referencing my concepts for this project. Other influences such as brick arches can be seen below.
Below is a quick video showing the plan for the Alleyway set.










No comments:
Post a Comment