Over the last few sessions we have been using multiple images to create scenes. We have been UV unwrapping these and applying these through Photoshop. We have saved a colour and a bump version of each image, Ill explain more about why later.
Unfortunately I had to restart this project because I didn't set it correctly, So take two, at least I had all the reference images though.
 |
| Figure1: Source images |
We used only a few of these images, which were a bit on the low side of quality.
 |
| Figure2: Corner of bunker |
Last lesson we used the images to create the floor walls and boxes, Looking back I realised i haven't textured the concrete that the boiler sits on, something for another day.
 |
| Figure3: Showing the texture on Boiler |
We created a bump version of each of our colour ones, this simply meant that we turned the coloured ones to black and white with the process being that when we placed them in Maya it would pick the tones as layers creating a bit of basic texture. White lines would slightly protrude and Black ones would recede in.
 |
| Figure4: Corner of Bunker |
This simple texturing method that we have been using is not too bad but as you get in closer you noticed that I had the bump scale up too high. (-.200) so a few plays would sort this issue out.
 |
| Figure5: Texture of objects |
 |
| Figure6: the fuse-box |
I missed the part where we did the fuse-box as I was sorting out the bump on one of my images. So I created my own fuse-box, using the skills learnt previously. This took a few goes to get correct especially when I UV unwrapped this object. I had to do it as two separate objects, the box and the door. I used Photoshop to join some of the source images together to get a unique look.
 |
| Figure7: The bunker |
No comments:
Post a Comment